design + production
for print and online
download a PDF version of this resume.
Resourceful art director/designer well versed in online and print design, production and pre-press.
User interface design and information architecture. Experience with startup companies, advertising
agencies, non-profit organizations, high-end retail and corporate employment.
Acrobat, BBedit, CSS, Flash, Freehand, Dreamweaver, HTML, Illustrator, ImageReady,
Group Health Cooperative, Seattle WA | 2008 - Present
User experience design, information architecture and interaction design for public facing, member,
broker and provider web sites. Collaboration with business stakeholders to create elegant and usable
solutions for a variety of end users.
- Lead designer on clinical provider directory
- Lead designer of online health profile
- Section 508 accessibility compliance
Dubhead, Seattle WA | 2002 - 2008
Design, production and pre-press consulting.
Principal: Web design, production and optimization. Design and pre-press for printed promotional
materials, collateral materials. User interface design and information architecture.
- Full identity package for La Rousse, a Seattle based clothing boutique
- Information architecture for March of Dimes organization.
- Web site design for Western Washington Rural Health Collaborative.
Blue Frog Media, Seattle WA | 2006 - 2007
Blue Frog was a leader in innovative content for mobile devices.
Design and production for print and online materials.
Print advertising for mobile phone content in nationally distributed magazines.
Web site design and production. Design of collateral and promotion materials.
Brand design and logo usage for new products.
Terra Lycos, Waltham MA | 1998 - 2002
Lycos was one of the most visited destinations on the internet during this time.
Senior Designer: User interface design, information architecture, e-commerce transaction design,
online banner design, branded offline promotional items.
- Lead designer on Matchmaker.com responsible for major site upgrades and home page redesign.
- Lead designer on Lycos Autos, Lycos Real Estate and Lycos Classifieds sites.
- Participated in extensive usability testing and research on various projects.
- Supervised associate designers.
Tripod, Williamstown MA | 1996 - 1998
Tripod is an innovator of online personal publishing tools and one of the worlds largest hosts of
personal home pages. Tripod was purchased by Lycos in February 1998.
Designer: Editorial illustration and design, user interface design, software interface design, HTML
production. Design and production of offline collateral materials.
- Lead designer on home page building software projects.
- Translated design templates for launch of international web sites.
- Responsible for brand management and logo usage.
Jeff St. Onge and Friends, New York NY | 1994 - 1996
JSOF is a full service advertising firm specializing in design for media companies and direct mail.
Art Director: Concept through delivery of print ads, direct mail programs and collateral materials
with emphasis on production solutions. Macintosh technical support and network maintenance.
Established online presence and resources for agency and clients.
- Client relations with Sony Theatres, EMI Records, BMG Music, Elsevier Science and others.
- Responsible for on-site press checks of offset printed materials.
- Resourced, scheduled and approved printing and digital output.
Geary's, Beverly Hills CA | 1993 - 1994
Production Designer: Design and production of nationally distributed catalogs,
newspaper ads, collateral materials. Network and software support at an in-house advertising department.
- Implemented transition of production workflow from analog to digital methods, streamlining the process
while saving time and money for the company.
Web site design and construction, print advertising, mail order catalogs, architectural signage,
disc jockey, lighting design, photography, graphic design and computer technical support.
University of Oregon. Bachelor of Arts, Fine Arts 1991
Volunteer work at non-profit organizations and cultural institutions including,
Richard Hugo House, Seattle WA. Priceless Works Gallery, Seattle, WA.
The Contemporary Artists Center, North Adams MA. The Decordova Museum, Lincoln MA.
The Copley Society of Boston. Community Architexts, Chicago IL.
Board of Directors, Contemporary Artists Center, North Adams MA. (1997 - 2001)
Visiting Artist: ArtNet program sponsored by Williams College Museum of Art.